Backhoe Loader Operator Training
The qualifying learner will be able to operate a backhoe/loader by understanding the functions of starting, shutting down and operating procedures for the machine. Learners who master the applied competence described in this unit standard will contribute to the development of a professional community of Construction Plant operators.
Learners acquiring this standard will be learning towards obtaining a national qualification or are working within a health and safety environment, where the acquisition of competence against this standard will add value to the learner’s job, or chances of finding employment.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the functions of a backhoe/loader.
- Planning for work activities and preparing the work area.
- Starting and shutting down backhoe/loader.
- Operating backhoe/loader.
- Transporting backhoe/loader to and from the site.